Estonian cuisine generally revolves around meat dishes, and therefore meat-free soups are not common. This cabbage cream soup, however, is one of the popular few. The recipe below features cabbage and carrots, though any available vegetables can be added. The soup uses flour as a thickener, and three cups of heavy cream account for the “cream” in the name of the soup. The soup is served hot and traditionally topped with butter. Recipe Serving: Serves 3–4
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- Boil cabbage and carrots until partly soft.
- Add salt to taste, parsley root, and dried dill.
- Separately, beat flour with cream.
- Slowly pour cream into the simmering soup, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot and top with butter.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2019 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.